California Business Bureau, Inc./Medical Billing Services (CBB/MBS) Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices.
The Way We Use Information
We do not use Customer Personal Information we have obtained about you for any purpose other than to service or manage your account(s) in the ordinary course of our business.
Our Commitment to Data Security
This site and CBB/MBS use reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or destruction and when transferring information for processing. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
It is our policy that visitors to our Site who are under the age of 18 should not post on or provide any information to this Site without the consent of their parents. This Site is not designed for or intended for use by persons under the age of 18.
A technology called “cookies” may be used to collect certain computer or internet information. CBB/MBS does not respond to do not track signals.
CBB/MBS typically collects and discloses the following categories of personal information from consumers:
- personal identifying information, like name, alias, address and account name and number, financial information, social security number, as well as other identifying information;
- Any personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal Law such as age, gender, etc.;
- Commercial Information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (Note: Calls are recorded and may be monitored);
- professional and employment related information,
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99);
- Inferences drawn from other information.
- Sensitive Personal information
CBB/MBS collects most of this personal information from our clients or from you or your authorized representative by telephone or by electronic or other written communications. We may also collect information from our service providers, from third parties and from third parties with your consent;
CBB/MBS does not sell personal information to third parties.
General Contact Information
To contact us generally, you may write to us at: California Business Bureau, Inc., P.O. Box 5010, Monrovia, California, 91017-9974.
You can correct errors in your personal information by logging onto: https://www.cbbinc.com/privacy or by calling us at 800-755-1515.
To Make a Payment
To make a Payment, for CBB CLICK HERE, for MBS CLICK HERE or call us at 800-755-1515.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents may have the right to request through a verifiable consumer request, that a business disclose certain information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we may disclose:
The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
To send us a verifiable consumer request for information, California residents should include their full name, address, date of birth, account number if applicable, and the last four numbers of your Social Security number to: P.O. Box 5010, Monrovia, CA 91017-9974, or call 1-800-755-1515 or on https://www.cbbinc.com.
A California resident can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA by sending us a notarized power of attorney. You must verify your identity and provide authorization to speak with your authorized agent. You must describe your request with sufficient detail to enable us to respond to your request.
A California resident has the right to request through a verifiable consumer request that we delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If the information CBB/MBS maintains about you falls into one or more exceptions, CBB/MBS may not be able to delete the information.
A California resident has the right to request through a verifiable consumer request that we correct inaccurate personal information, subject to certain exceptions and the nature of the personal information.
A California resident has the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights under the CCPA.